Thursday, July 2, 2009

Alexis Arguello 1952-2009

R.I.P. Champ

Former Champion and Hall of Fame Inductee Aaron "The Hawk" Pryor pays tribute to his friend.

Dear Boxing Fans,

Alexis Arguello and I shared a bond that began with our historic fight on November 12, 1982 at the Orange Bowl in Miami , FL. That bond will never be broken. I had the honor of helping my friend campaign when he was seeking political office and I always enjoyed our many visits and phone conversations through out the years. I am deeply saddened by his passing. Boxing has lost one of the greatest champions to ever step in the ring. Alexis Arguello was a true gentleman and I was blessed to call him my friend.

Please join us at www.hawktime.com for a further tribute to The Explosive Thin Man. There is information on the home page and an additional page titled “The Great Alexis Arguello”.

Alexis, we will miss and love you always.

Aaron 'The Hawk' Pryor
1996 Int'l Boxing Hall of Fame Inductee
Website: http://www.hawktime.com/

No comments: